Monday, April 12, 2010

Following Up on 2010 Resolutions

Last January, I like many others developed my resolutions for the new year. As an accountability tool, I put my resolutions into my blog. You can review that blog here.

We are now well into April and as a self-improvement activity it is now time to evaluate my progress.

My resolutions:
  1. Accept more back rubs from my wonderful wife - I am not doing very well with this one. It appears that to be really effective, my wife would need a companion resolution to give more back rubs. My candid assessment of my performance is that I need to coordinate my New Year's resolutions better with anyone I must rely on to succeed.
  2. Notice how clean the house is more often, and complement Terri on her excellent work - Interim grade: Needs much improvement. In fact, most of my comments to her have been that she cleans too much with a construction project underway. I will work on this one once the basement is complete.
  3. Renew my effort to visit every BBQ joint within 20 miles - Interim grade: Very good. We recently visited the new Backfire BBQ restaurant located at The Legends. My expectations were very low since this is a chain that plays on the Orange County Chopper theme. We came away pleased with the meal. It ain't Oklahoma Joe's, but it ain't bad either. I am setting a stretch objective to expand my radius for the rest of 2010.
  4. Read more books, listen to more music and watch more TV - Interim grade: Books: C-, Music: A, TV: A+. I am very happy with my progress on this resolution. My book grade will rise when the basement is completed, and the weather suits sitting on our deck with a good book.

Overall, I am improving nicely. Another year or two of this progress and I might reach "That Guy" status.

3 comments:

  1. See...the flaw in your theory is that to be "that guy" you have to be giving of yourself.

    Accepting back rubs isn't selfless now is it?

    Noticing the house being clean is good...but being that guy requires you to notice it because you're the one that cleaned it.

    We can't all be that guy, but no harm in trying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the blog and the comments.

    ReplyDelete