Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions for 2010

Most of us find at least one thing about ourselves to improve in the coming year. I think the intent of a New Year's Resolution is to clean up the big problems in your life. Theoretically, the older you get, the fewer big problems there are to clean up. I know this is true with me. I am having a difficult time coming up with a single improvement opportunity this year, so I focus on little things that I can do better.

I could resolve to lose weight, help the poor Pigmy's in Africa, be more giving, serve people, blah, blah, blah. Instead, here is my list of resolutions for 2010.
  • Accept more back rubs from my wonderful wife
  • Notice how clean the house is more often, and complement Terri on her excellent work
  • Renew my effort to visit every BBQ joint within 20 miles
  • Read more books, listen to more music and watch more TV

Whoa! What would be left to do in 2011?

1 comment:

  1. Need to add "Compliment my sister-in-law more often." :-)

    ReplyDelete