Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009 will be remembered by the blizzard that hit Kansas City on Christmas Eve and stuck around though Christmas day. Because so many in the family have 4-wheel drive vehicles, the blizzard did not change our plans. We gather Christmas Eve at Terri's parents as we always do. The only difference was that this year, Lisa and Terri did most of the cooking.

Mary, Terri's mother, is suffering from the effects of thyroid cancer, and is not able to cook as she used to. After our traditional meal of shrimp, chili and various sides and desserts, we held the "dirty Santa" gift exchange. Just as last year, I scored my pick by stealing from my son-in-law Jimmy. Last year I stole a knife and flashlight set. This year I pilfered a set of ratchet wrenches. I suspect somebody will be looking to even the score next year. Once gifts were exchanged, the family headed home through the ongoing blizzard. Driving was a challenge, but not especially dangerous if enough time was taken.

Christmas morning brought a thick layer of snow to Kansas City. Officially we received 9 inches, however the winds blew the snow into drifts of up to 2 feet, while other areas were blown clean. Terri and I travelled the short distance to Dan and Lyndy's home so that we could enjoy the Christmas morning with our grandchildren.

Christmas afternoon dinner was held at our home. The entire family was not able to attend due to difficult road conditions. Dan was absent as he worked a shift for Ideal plowing and sanding parking lots. I was able to capture a couple of grand kid pictures I wanted to share.



This one could make next year's Christmas card.















It is not hard to get a good picture of my grandson Coleton. What a happy kid (most of the time).







I hope that you have similar happy memories of the past Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. Man! I can't get over how crazy adorable and good looking kids Lyndy & Dan make. :)

    Love that you posted some photos of the three munchkins. Miss them already!

    ReplyDelete