Monday, April 19, 2010

Sorry About the Clumsy Employee Joke

Last Thursday, I cracked wise at the expense of the poor Hard Rock Cafe waitress who fell off the table and became permanently paralyzed. The wise crack "in the name of humor" was out of line, but very typical of my sarcasm. I provide this blog for the absolution of this and my many other sins.

I have recently learned of a touching story that has unfolded just a few miles from my house in the town of Tonganoxie Kansas. The story is about a high school student who has been dealt a difficult hand. He has cancer, endured many rounds of treatment, and recently suffered a stroke that left him paralyzed on his left side. He is not expected to live much longer, yet maintains a positive attitude. His high school held a graduation ceremony a few weeks early to ensure he got his diploma. The story is about an incredible young man who despite his affliction made a positive impression on those around him. This video is simply their thanks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment