Thursday, March 11, 2010

How will the Democratic Party Survive?

Not that I shed tears or lose sleep over potential democratic losses. There is a very real chance the democrats could lose one or both houses of Congress in the 2010 mid-term elections. In the past I have wondered why the democrats in Congress could sacrifice their jobs and power to pass a health care bill that 3 in 4 Americans do not support. In fact, I have predicted that a bill will not pass as these representatives are faced with that vote. My thought was they would vote no instead of casting a career-ending yes vote. Now I think I see the democrats devious plan.

Obama is reported to want an immigration bill on his desk before the next election cycle. The basis of a bill would include a path toward citizenship for the 10.8 million people living in the U.S. illegally. Think amnesty.

While this might not help democrats trying to hold their seat through the 2010 elections, 10.8 million bought votes paid for with citizenship would nearly ensure democratic dominance in the executive branch. This is what America gets when they elect a Chicago-style political thug to the White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment