Monday, March 15, 2010

American Idol Week 3

Those of us in Kansas City were not able to watch the entire week 3 performances. Halfway through Andrew Garcia's performance a storm took out our local FOX affiliate, so we missed 4 of the guys perform. I still think that Crystal Bowersox's performance would have been hard to beat, so I will call the week 3 winner as Crystal. That is 2 in a row for her.

My pick of the final winner, Didi, did better, but I am questioning her ability to continue to improve week after week. For that reason, I am replacing her in my picks with Crystal Bowersox who is starting to show that she has a musical identity and can preform almost effortlessly within her style.

My picks for the top 12 finishing order is shown below:

  1. Crystal Bowersox
  2. Casey James
  3. Michael Lynche
  4. Siobhan Magnus
  5. Didi Benami
  6. Lee DeWyze
  7. Lacey Brown
  8. Andrew Garcia
  9. Aaron Kelly
  10. Katie Stevens
  11. Tim Urban
  12. Paige Miles

I correctly picked 8 of the top 12 on February 27th (those in red are the people I did not pick). Not a bad percentage. I had picked Michelle Delamore, Katelyn Epperly, Lily Scott, and Toddrick Hall. Of these 4, only Lily was a surprise. The other 3 were considered edge players anyway. Lily fell victim to bad song choices. Hearing her sing a classic country tune using her distinctive indie-rock style just didn't work. Too bad she paid for the mistake with elimination.

Of the 4 performers I did not pick to make the top 12 but did, Lacey and Katie were surprises. I believe Lacey made it by selecting good songs that fit well with her style. I believe she will not make it to the top 6 because she just does not have a strong enough voice. To me, Katie making the top 12 was hard to believe. She just doesn't have the voice and has not looked comfortable performing.

I don't see Paige surviving another week. Kudos to Tim for hanging around after not making the top 24. His time is also short.

1 comment:

  1. Yup Tim is there because of his looks and teenybopper girls. ;)

    ReplyDelete