Friday, March 5, 2010

American Idol, Week 2

Another week of American Idol has passed. It is Thursday morning as I write this, but I feel comfortable that my top 12 selections will be safe, so I take the chance of posting a blog that may sound stupid when it is read.

This week belonged to the girls. I thought that from all the guys, only Michael Lynche and Casey James performed reasonably well this week. Todrick and Aaron are the two from my top 6 guys selection that are most at risk of going home.

On the other hand, several of the girls stepped up big. But none as large as Crystal. She provided a rare and memorable performance last on Wednesday, (Long As I Can See The Light). Rarely do Terri and I rewind for a second listen. We have done it a couple times in the past, and once again last night. If Crystal records that song, we will buy it.

There were other good performances from the girls. Lily was again unique and true to her style. Siobhan performed surprisingly well. I had a hard time believing that voice came from a skinny white girl. Katelyn improved again over last week. Didi is still lost. I have picked her to win it all, but the doubts are increasing. She probably has another week or two to step it up or she will go home. From my top 6 girls selection, Michelle is the most at risk to depart early.

Casey won week one. Crystal won week two. Siobhan and Katelyn are the dark horses that could do much better than expected.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah after hearing DiDi's performance, Kelly said, Oh yeah, UFrank is in trouble with that pick.

    America got it right this go around (or at least the closest to right, esp compared to last week).

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I lost one of my top 12. I knew that Michelle was at risk, but thought she should make it through this week.

    ReplyDelete