Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Could Be a Reality Show Creator

New career opportunities continue to spring into my mind.  I find myself with choices I never believed would be possible.  Rock Star, Baseball player, Film Critic, Home Designer, and now Reality Show creator.  The latter occurred to me over the weekend.  Remember there are really very few new ideas brought to TV.  Most new shows are simply old ideas brought back in a new context.  So is my idea.

My reality show would be a hybrid of the A&E show named Heavy where morbidly obese people are put on a weight loss program for a period of 6 months.  I would combine that concept with Dancing with the Stars.  Imagine the excitement of watching Lindsay Lohen, Paris Hilton or Brittany Spears partnered up with a 500+ pound heavy?   To maintain the credibility of the show Heavy, the object of Dancing with the Heavies would be to lose as much weight as possible without injuring the star.  Of course, just as with NASCAR where the objective is to go fast and not wreck, accidents will happen.  The highlight of the season may well be seeing Lindsay found under the abdominal folds of a huge sweaty man, as if she were a lost Oreo cookie.

I think I could pitch the idea.  I would watch it, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

  1. Not exactly, but sort of like http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_Your_Ass_Off?wasRedirected=true

    Can I suggest a different name for your show? How about "Dancing with the Lards"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think just the thought of this almost made me toss my cookie(s).

    ReplyDelete