Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2011 NCAA Tournament

So far, this year's NCAA tournament has been memorable.  The Southwest bracket that includes KU as the #1 seed is amazing.  Every team ranked better than tenth has bowed out before the round of 16 begins.  I don't remember anything close to that happening in past tournaments.  That series of miracles has cleared the way for KU to again lose to a no-name team.

Everyone's brackets are in shambles.  Sunday brought a rash of upsets that were unforeseen by even the most knowledgeable.  Yet, a few facts remain unchanged.  Missouri wimpered and folded.  Kansas State underachieved.  My brackets are in slightly better shape than either of NILK's, and my daughter who doesn't follow college basketball at all is whipping us both.  Some things just don't change.

4 comments:

  1. Funny. The girl leading the bracket won last year I think. I want to know what girls do when picking? "I like their colors, so I'll pick them." I think VCU sounds like a sneeze, so I'll pick them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that Allison will tell us how she made her picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first I looked to see if I had heard of either team... If I hadn't heard of the team before, I didn't pick them... Then if I had heard of both teams, I picked the team with the cooler name.. I mean how cool is the name Gonzaga or Marquette?? Then I usually picked the better team (like KANSAS), but I did throw in a few upsets here and there... I also did this in about 2 minutes because I waited until the last minute to fill the bracket out.

    I have been watching a lot of games now though.. I'm pretty sure the only thing I watched last weekend was basketball games.. soo it's not like I'm not paying attention now. :-)

    ReplyDelete