Saturday, March 5, 2011

AI Season 10 - Week One

Going in to this week, I was looking forward to the first week of real competition.  The guys performed on Tuesday and I was extremely disappointed.  I did not think there was a single good performance.  Most of the competitors chose old ballads, and the show turned into a bunch of Tony Bennett wannabee's.  Not that I have anything against Tony Bennett, but come on, this is a show full of teenagers and twenty-somethings.

On Wednesday the ladies performed.  My expectations were even higher since in my opinion, there is more talent there than with the guys.  Immediately my hopes were dashed.  Same problem as the night before.  Ballads, ballads and more ballads.  Most were very old, which is humorous since several of the ladies are 15-16 years old.  Aside form the 15 year old Thia Megia for the women and Casey Abrams for the guys, week one was a complete waste of time.

And then there are the judges.  I have been critical of all 3.  This season, the feedback from the judges might as well be written by Paula Abdul.  That was wonderful, you are so talented, what an artist, you have a beautiful voice, blah, blah, blah.  It's all hype.  This season has started off as a disaster. 
 
What would Simon say?  You all suck, get off my show!

No comments:

Post a Comment