Friday, March 18, 2011

Get Out of my Head!

In the past I have posted of my love for music.  I like many different types of music, and those who know me understand that I was a guitar and a couple of lessons away from  becoming a famous rock star.  There is usually a lyric playing in my head - it's the background music of my life.  It is usually a song that I heard late the day before, or the first tune I hear that day.

This morning the alarm clock went off a 6:30 AM.  We have our alarm clock radio tuned to an oldies country station, but not because we enjoy that genre.  It is the station that gets the best reception at our house.  The music is pretty effective at rousing me to a point where I will turn it off to stop the pain.  This morning was especially brutal.

Spread your tiny wings and fly away,


Anne Murry's classic oldie, Snow Bird, was the song that woke me up today.  This means that I will have that melody and lyric running through my head all day.

And take the snow back with you where it came from on that day.

I absolutely hate that song.  So sappy, so quaint.

The one I love forever is untrue,

This is the price I pay by being so musically inclined.  I need to do something to get it out of my head. 

And if I could you know that I would fly away with you.

What can I do?  I could grab my shot gun and shoot the first bird that happens through our backyard - an unfortunate surrogate for the snow bird that infests my brain.  Or I could put on the headphones and blast it away with some better music.  Maybe a primal scream is all that is needed.   Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!
Spread your tiny wings and fly away

2 comments:

  1. this is the song that doesn't end,
    yes it goes on and on my friends,
    some people started singing it, not knowing what it was,
    and they'll continue singing it forever just because....

    THIS IS THE SONG THAT DOESN'T END...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da da da dum,
    da da da dum,
    da da da dum, da da dum, da da dum,
    They're creepy and their spooky,
    mysterious and kooky,
    they're all together ooky,
    the Addam's Family...

    Arrrggggh !!!

    ReplyDelete