Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Living Weekend to Weekend

As I get older, I seem to be enjoying weekends and vacations more and more. This past weekend was an especially good one. I have had jobs that I was excited to go to every morning. The current job is not one of them. This may be the reason I live weekend to weekend. In addition to the weather being gorgeous in KC, here is how the last weekend went:

Friday evening:
  • A quiet dinner at home with my bride
  • A neighborhood walk
  • Trip to Sonic for refreshment
  • A drive down country roads we had never been on before
  • Watched the DVD movie, Taken

Saturday:

  • Slept until 8:00
  • Went to the River Market for tomatoes, onions and avocados
  • Breakfast at Cascones
  • Granddaughter's 5th birthday party
  • 5:00 church services
  • Dinner at Lone Star
  • Quiet evening at the house, watched TV

Sunday:

  • Golf at Dubb's Dread (played pretty well)
  • Lunch at Danny's
  • Watched second half of NASCAR race
  • Mowed the grass (Forrest and I have something in common, we both enjoy it)
  • Pork steaks on the grill
  • Watch the 3 grand kids for 2 hours

I am a fortunate man. I could relive that weekend over and over.

5 comments:

  1. Probably not "Bermuda great", but good none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I felt more rested just reading that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. slept until 8:00??? You slacker!!!

    And what about the weekend you came by for beer can chicken? That should rate right up there with sliced bread!!

    Here is the blue mouse I was talking about at dinner
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1202623/The-blue-M-M--A-magic-pill-spine-injuries.html?ITO=1490

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, NOT Bermuda great, but I'll let you slide on that one. We're attempting to fly home tomorrow. Will be sad to say goodbye

    ReplyDelete