Thursday, November 25, 2010

A New Level of Thankfulness

This year, as in years past, I am exceedingly thankful for what God has given -T and I.  We are truly blessed.  We are thankful for our jobs that has served us well during the recent economic troubles that have severely impacted so many people.  We are thankful for our friends and family, both immediate and extended, that make life so rich.  We are thankful for our church that feeds us each week.  We are thankful for a nice home and plenty of food to sustain us.  And most importantly, we are thankful to live in the greatest country on earth, served by the finest volunteer army ever to defend freedom.

But this year, I have been thinking on how I can take Thanksgiving to a new level.  How can I instill a deeper level of thankfulness in myself and those around me?  And then it just came to me.  I could help others understand how they can be more thankful for me.  Think about it.  We all do pretty well being thankful for the blessings we receive, but how often do you express thankfulness for having a certain 54 year old stud-muffin in your life? This blog post is intended to help you with that.  This is groundbreaking.  Something that has not been done before. So lets get started.

To -H, please be thankful for the smartass and irreverent comments I leave on your blog.  I truly do look forward to each new post.

To NILK, you should be thankful that I read your blog full of birthday wishes, UK Men's Basketball fantasies, and Lee DeWyze man crushes. I may be your most regular reader (not too hard lately).

To Charlie, be thankful that I keep you grounded in reality.  When your Wildcats have dominated the Big 12 for over 10 years, and achieve a winning record over my Jayhawks, I will then acknowledge them as a basketball powerhouse, but not until then.

To SILL, I gave you bluegrass.  That special Saturday will remain with you for the rest of your life.

To BILS, for all that free labor I donate to the projects my kids hire you to do.  And that I like to paint.

To Allison, without me you wouldn't have a biggest fan.  It is my calling.

To Lyndy, be thankful that I relearned my kindergarten coloring skills so that your neighbors would know of your 30th birthday celebration.

To BILL, be thankful for the understanding ear on our shared management trials, tribulations and experiences.

To SILC, you must be thankful for the laughs I provide on the golf course.

To -T, I only hope that you are as thankful for me as I am for you.  For over 33 years, you have been my wife, best friend and love of my life.  I only hope that we are blessed with 33 more.

We have so much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. We all have so much to be thankful for and we are blessed every day. I still laugh about that powerful golf shot, and they are probably still repairing the divot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never said better - who WOULDN'T BE THANKFUL FOR A 50 SOMETHING STUD MUFFIN LIKE YOU?!

    ha ha!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete