Monday, November 15, 2010

Dangerous Ground

I am stepping out on a limb with the blog.  A more intelligent husband would not go here, but I have never claimed to be that intelligent.  This blog is about my wife.  Terri has many fine qualities.  She is a wonderful wife, mother and grandmother.  She can cook, she earns a paycheck, she is my best friend.  I could (and probably should) go on endlessly on her positive qualities.   But that is not what this blog is about.  This blog is about her largest deficiency.  It is about her defective sense of humor.

I have known about it since just after we first met.  Every once in a while, she laughs at something that isn't funny, or doesn't laugh at something I say or do that is hilarious.  An I am a funny guy.  Hilarious at times.  My earliest recollection of her wacky sense of humor was one winter day when she and a neighbor friend went out shopping.  The roads were snow covered and slick. Her friend lost control of the vehicle when making a left turn and slide onto the island median between lanes.  I wasn't there, but her friend recounted that Terri didn't seemed frightened, but instead laughed uncontrollably. 

Last week another proof point was seen.  Father in Law Neil (FILN) was at our house for dinner.  After we ate, we sat and talked fora few minutes.  FILN told us that his doctor had just underwent hip replacement surgery, but planned to be back in the office seeing patients the following week. He would use a walker when in the office.  Terri began laughing hysterically.  Her laughter was caused by a visual image of the doctor waddling into the examination room using a walker. 

Sorry, but I don't get it.  And I have a good sense of humor. Terri does not.  Her sense of humor is so bad that she won't laugh at this blog.  Come on dear, its funny!

3 comments:

  1. It still cracks me up thinking of a Doctor coming in to check you out and he is on a walker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for proving my point beyond a shadow of a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Terri and I have the sense of humor except I usually pee my pants with the uncontrollable laughter. :)

    ReplyDelete