Monday, February 8, 2010

My 200th Post

I started blogging on June 26th, 2009. I have averaged slightly more than 6 posts per week, so have hit the 200 post milestone in 222 days. I thought I would slow down due to lack of ideas before reaching 200, but President Obama and the inept Congress have provided a lot of blogging opportunities.

About a month after I began blogging, I decided to allow Google to place ads on my blog. I harbored no illusions that it would become profitable, and that has become very true. So far my blog has earned me 80 cents. My first 100 posts earned 48 cents, and the second 100 posts added 32 cents. I don't like this trend, but it is possibly a good indication of the blog's overall quality.

I continue to find the difficulty in blogging is not the writing. I can crank out a couple of posts over my lunch hour without a problem. The difficulty is finding things that interest me enough to write about. My favorite subjects are the personal and family topics, but my life is not that exciting so that well runs dry pretty fast.

My next favorite topic is political. That is a rich source because you can find good topics every day. I suspect that my readers, all 5 of you, bore rapidly when I get on those rants.

My favorite posts from the second 100 were:

  • Most Insightful Post: Men's Wardrobes - The truth about how little men care about how they dress.
  • Best fantasy post: What I want to be When I Grow Up - Hey, I'm only 53! I can still play ball.
  • Best Tongue in Cheek Post: My Sampling Rights - I have learned to plow through the crowds at Costco to get my free sample.
  • Funniest: Copenhagen Update - I thought this one was creative and funny, but it received no comments.
  • Most Hits: Deniers of Climategate - This was the first post I linked on several news sites. I had over 150 hits from all over the world. It still gets returned by Google when Climategate is used as a keyword.
My only reservation in continuing the blog is my inability to inspire my youngest daughter to occasionally blog. She is a good writer, but refuses to blog with any regularity. I am pleading with you to visit her blog and leave a comment asking when she will write again.

Please join me in badgering Allison, and thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment