Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Sunday, Big Monday and American Idol

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl which is followed on Monday by a big game for my KU Jayhawks on ESPN's Big Monday. Hollywood week is underway on American Idol, so I thought I would commit my picks by blogging my guess of the final scores and reveal my picks for the season 9 top 12.

I see the Super Bowl as brains against talent. Indianapolis has the smartest quarterback ever to play the game in Peyton Manning. The Saints have the league's best overall talent in my opinion. I am picking talent over brains this year (brains are so overrated). Final score will be New Orleans 35, Colts 31.

Big Monday is much harder to predict. KU is the better team, Texas is in decline, but the game is at Texas. Home court or not, I will take KU 75-65.

My picks to make the AI top 12:

Maddy, who has retarded brothers
Leah, the sheltered Christian girl
Kimberly with the cute 5 year old daughter
Vanessa the hillbilly bridge jumper
Tyler and his 2 broken wrists
Germaine coming back for his 2nd audition

My overall assessment of the season 9 contestants is average. I have not seen any one person who strikes me as belonging with Carrie Underwood or Daughtery. It is actually sad when the only one I really remember was a hillbilly from Tennessee who likes to jump off bridges.

Remember that we have seen less than half of the contestants sent to Hollywood, so a few of the unseen will impress the judges and move on. Also remember that I am making my picks as an interview for Simon Cowell's replacement. Howard Stern is rumored to now be in the running. I say, bring it on! We see if he can hit 6 for 6 top 12 picks after city auditions, and pick the final winner from the top 12, which will be my resume builder needed to secure the job. I may need you to help me get the word out and serve as a reference. I will let you know when.

No comments:

Post a Comment