Thursday, February 4, 2010

Special Season

I am fortunate to be experiencing a very special NCAA basketball season. I have 2 favorite teams. Both wear blue and share the initials U and K. Both have been ranked #1 in college polls this year. Both are mentioned during any discussion of who is the best team.

The primary difference between my 2 teams is that KU plays their games 30 minutes from my house and shares my home state pride, while UK plays in the distant town of Lexington, Kentucky. My allegiances are torn. Who is number 1 and who is number 2 favorite? That is my current conundrum.

Kansas has brought me the enjoyment of many seasons of strong teams, several final fours, and one national title since I became interested in the sport. Kentucky has a long proud tradition, and rich heritage but not much else during baggy shorts modern history. In the current season, both are solid teams with outstanding players. Kansas is currently ranked #1 after winning an incredibly entertaining game last Saturday against Kansas State, (even with the loss, Kansas State moved up in the rankings, something that rarely happens).

So which team in blue is my favorite? It's like asking me which is my favorite daughter, (well actually it is a lot harder). So let's just leave it that I like each equally well. What I like the best is posting this picture. It never gets old.







4 comments:

  1. ha ha ha. :)

    My other fav photo is the one of Clayton wearing the KU shirt doing a growl. Will email it to you to put an extra smile on your face. It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Frank....just you wait...yours is coming.

    By the way, is 96 and 98 not part of modern history?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. Over 10 years ago, and they still wore tight shorts then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contrary to your cobwebs of a memory...who brought out the "baggy shorts" fad? Fab Five? What year was that?

    ReplyDelete