Monday, November 30, 2009

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up

The last few years of uncertainy around my job once led Terri and I into a conversation about what I would like to do if I needed a new job. My first choice would be one where I spend the mornings surfing the Internet, checking facebook and reading personal emails. I would then be required to monitor the quality of lunch menus at local BBQ joints before returning to the office for an afternoon nap and maybe some time with a good book. We both realized fairly quickly this job did not exist, so started to focus on what I know, enjoy and would be best at. I have expanded my acceptable job selection to 2 additional choices.

  1. Rock Star - I know music and would be really good at it. Since I would first need to buy a guitar and then learn to play it, I don't really have time to start playing bars and work my way up. My stategy is to play Arrowhead as my first concert venue, and based on that success, start booking other stadiums across the country. The music industry would owe it to me since I am committed to putting forth extraordinary effort.
  2. Major League Baseball Player - Baseball has always been my sport. Ever since the time I tripled during a practice game when substituting on an older team, I knew I was good at it. Being voted as captain on the Junior High student All Star softball team only served to validate that knowledge. We creamed the facilty team that year, based in large part on my skill at managing the team. I won't recount my stellar statistics at slow pitch softball (>.750 batting average, nearly error free 3rd baseman). Since fielding is my strength, I am thinking I am qualified to replace Jeter.

Let me know if you see any suitable job postings.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Kelly... beyond that start practicing your Guitar Hero skills for that ROCK STAR position.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golf resort course starter two days a week with playing privileges the other five.

    ReplyDelete