Monday, November 2, 2009

My 3-D Time

Every morning, whether a work day or not, I get out of bed, shower, shave, dress and complete a few chores. Then it is my 3-D time. 3-D time begins with a trip outside to get the only requirement of the 3-D time - the newspaper. If it is a work day, I then sit at the kitchen bar. Off days 3-D time is spent in the sun room. Either way, I start to work through my 3-D's.

The first D is Deaths. For some strange reason, I read the obituaries. I guess I believe that any day you don't see your name in the obituary section is a day that starts out well. Another reason is that since I have lived my entire live in KC, I occasionally see the death of someone that has crossed my path. It sound morbid, but it is a habit.

The second D is Dorks. I next read the opinion pages, especially the letters to the newspaper. I am always interested in how people with opposing views think. Their letters to the editor can be entertaining or maddening. I get blog ideas from some of the more dorkish letters.

The third D is my favorite. The last D of my 3-D time is Dilbert. Scott Adams is my favorite cartoonist. He has a telecom background and great insight into corporate America. I also think he has moles in many American corporations that feed him ideas for cartoons. I am always amazed when an event at my company is followed by a cartoon on the same subject. If you have a job, read Dilbert. I guarantee you will see your work life parodied.

No comments:

Post a Comment