Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Competitive Nature

Anyone who knows me well knows that I can't help but be competitive.  If I can't compete, I don't really want to participate.  Take college basketball.  I take pride in my Jayhawks and occasionally talk a little trash with Missouri, Kansas State or Kentucky fans.  I mean what is the point?  Neither I nor they can influence the play of our teams.  It is just another way we compete. 

-T had her gallbladder removed earlier this week.  My mind naturally went into competitive mode and I started scoring each of our missing body parts.  I had my tonsils and adenoids removed as a child, and a section of colon removed in 2009.  My score is 3.  -T had he appendix removed as a child, and her thyroid and gallbladder removed in the past 5 years.  The score is tied.

In sports they have tiebreakers.  I did have double hernia surgery back in the 1980's and almost cut my middle finger off with a hedge trimmer last year.  Sounds like a reasonable tiebreaker.  I win!

3 comments:

  1. I'd be willing to bet she's had more hair cut off than you. I think that puts her over the edge.

    T wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about your vasectomy and her baby birthing? I think that counts for something :) so.....she still wins !

    ReplyDelete