Friday, May 20, 2011

One More Day

Tomorrow is the end of the world according to Harold Camping, an 89 year old preacher from Oakland, California.  Since first posting on this subject, I have learned a few more tid bits to help us in our planning.  First, tomorrow won't be the "fireball" end of earth.  Instead, it will be the rapture, leaving the earth intact for another 6 months.  So now I do need to mow the grass.

But I will have time.  Not only does Camping predict the day, he also predicts the hour.  The event will occur at 6:00 PM, so my Friday evening has now freed up.  I can finish final preparations on Saturday morning.  -T and I will have plenty of time to wash the clothes, take out the trash, change the sheets, mow the grass and give those hardwoods a final swiftering.  But how much time?  The world ends at 6:00 PM, but 6:00 PM where?  That specific time occurs at different moments in the 24 time zones across the globe.  Does he mean 6:00 PM West Coast time where he lives?  Or maybe he is referring to TV show time, you know, 6:00  PM Eastern, 5:00 PM Central.  If so, we just lost another hour.  Or maybe he is speaking GMT, the worldwide standard that everyone can use to convert to their local time.  If so, there went another 5 hours for us in the central time zone.

So now I feel rushed.  We have so much to do tomorrow morning.  At least, I took care of the toenails last Tuesday.  What about the cat?  Anyone reading this after 6:00 PM on May 21st, please drop by my house when you can and feed Chumley.  We will leave the front door unlocked.

The end of the world comes as good news to some.  Pelosi stands to again become House Majority leader.

1 comment: