Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Next 10 Days

Some of you may have seen the recent press about a Christian group that claims the end of the world will occur on May 21.  There have been newspaper ads and billboard around the country announcing the date.  The group bases their claim on a complex Biblical formula they invented.  They used the formula before to predict Armageddon in 1994.  They were wrong, but using a continuous improvement philosophy, found their error and recalculated the end date as 5/21/2011.  They think.  Who knows, maybe they are right?

So that gives everyone 10 days to prepare.  What will you do?  Myself, as a Christian, will prepare in the same way I would before going on a vacation.  Since I plan to leave on a vacation several days after the scheduled end of the world, I just need to accelerate my preparation slightly.   


Since the group didn't specify whether the end would come early or late in the day, I may need to cut the grass on Friday night.  On second thought, maybe I can skip that since the yard would be consumed in a ball of fire anyway.  I will need to cut my toe nails.  I don't know why, but I always do before vacations.  I think I do it so that I won't need to pack the toenail clippers.  Saves room in the toiletry bag.  I cancelled the paper delivery last month, so that is one thing I don't need to worry about.  But what about the mail?  The US Postal Service claims to deliver regardless of rain, sleet, snow or dark of night.  Nothing about Armageddon, so maybe I will be safe and put a hold on the mail.

That pretty much sums up my preparations.  -T will have other things.  We will need to wash the bedding, empty the trash, and do the laundry on Friday.  Then just before the end of the world arrives, -T will need to swiffter the hardwood floors.  Then, we are outta there.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS. :)

    Hope they got the date wrong otherwise you guys won't get a chance to visit me in Nashville. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think meeting you in heaven would be slightly better. Slightly

    ReplyDelete