Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lauren or Scotty?

I haven't commented often on American Idol season 10 this year.  The reason was my disappointment in just about everything related to the show, such as the judges, the contestants, and the format of the show.  There were a few good contestants.  They were all voted off before the finale on Tuesday.  News flash .  beep.. beep..beep.. beep.  American Idol his no longer a talent competition, it is now a popularity contest.

While this has been true for several seasons, it was never more evident than last night watching a young, weak-voiced Josh Turner impersonator compete against a teeny-bopper super-sized school girl.  Neither are more talented than Haley (gone in round 3) or James (gone in round 4).   But you are probably wondering who I think will win.

I don't care.  Neither deserve it.  Neither will have a significant music career.  Neither deserve mention along with past Idol winners, or even past high finishers.  America screwed this season up bad. 

But if you pressed me, Lauren wins.  I just hope that American Idol season 11 replaces the judges, or the show is cancelled.

2 comments:

  1. I could've saved you a lot of time (see Ipad blog) by telling you it was going to be horrible. I'm proud in saying I didn't watch a single episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you didn't watch, you may not know that I was wrong again. Scotty won. The worst AI winner since ... Lee.

    ReplyDelete