Thursday, May 13, 2010

American Idol Final Four

This is a little risky writing this the day before an elimination to the final 3, but here goes. Her are my picks for the final 4:
  1. Crystal Bowersox - I am real happy with this pick. Crystal has proven herself to be the "artist" in the top 4. She had a couple rough weeks trying to mold her indie-rock style into big band and movie songs, but overall she did okay. If I were to pick a winner at this stage, it would still be Crystal.
  2. Casey James - Casey is at risk of elimination. I still believe he is the best musician in the top 4, but good musicians don't necessarily win this competition. Regardless, Casey has made his mark and will end up with a recording contract soon.
  3. Michael Lynche - Michael the survivor. He was eliminated once, only to be saved by the judges and has made the most of it. Despite his duet performance with Casey on Tuesday, they are both in trouble. I expect one to leave. If pressed, Michael is that one.
  4. Siobhan Magnus -Siobhan was my bad pick. She did not make it to the top 4. I thought she might be the season's dark horse, a quirky odd tattooed girl with a big voice. Turned out her only strength was a good voice even when screaming, which she did a lot.

Lee DeWyze was the contestant who made the top 4 that I did not see making it. Lee convinced me early that he had a very good voice, but was too timid and afraid to make it this far. Over the weeks he changed. We saw his confidence grow a little each week, bolstered by the judges. He made the top 4 deservedly so. Good for him.
This is the time in each season when it seems unfair whoever is eliminated. But Wednesday evening I a predicting Michael to be eliminated. If not he, Casey would be my next choice. For the competition I entered, I would like to see Lee leave. That would practically guarantee the family title of best talent judge would be mine. Crystal's elimination would take me out of the competition. But after all, this is all about me.
If I don't win, my daughter Allison is well placed for the title. She accurately picked the top 4 and has Lee going all the way. This tells me the talent is genetic. So Allison, if you can leverage the gift I gave you into a few million dollars, I'd like a nice cottage on some non-oily beach.

1 comment:

  1. "the talent is genetic"

    You're hilarious.
    And yum, Mrs. Weber is sitting pretty in the AI Elimination Bracket competition!

    ReplyDelete