Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My First Beatles Record

You might think this blog is reminiscing about a day in the late 1960's or early 1970's when The Beatles were popular and sold millions of records. No. I am writing about a day last week. You see, I was never a big fan of the Beatles. When they first began to sell their music, I was 8 years old and influenced by my parents disdain of their long hair. A few years later, I was repelled by their early "bubble gum" sound and immature lyrics.

I find it strange that over 40 years after the release of "Abbey Road", I decided to purchase it in it's new digitally remastered CD format. Even more ironic, Abbey Road was also the last new album released by the group. So I guess it is accurate to say I bought their latest album.

As far as the music and sound quality go, it is great. After the digital magic was applied, it sounds like a modern recording. I am considering additional purchases of the remastered CDs, going from newest to oldest. You never know, I might just become one of The Beatles oldest new fans.

2 comments:

  1. If they could only make a concert in BlueRay, that would be the icing on the cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder how Earth, Wind & Fire or YES sound remastered? Uh oh, age factor starting to kick in...

    ReplyDelete