Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Stand Corrected

Last weekend my niece Heather and her husband NILK visited from Memphis.  It was a great time for -T and I as we always enjoy our time with a young and middle aged person who have their heads screwed on straight.  They left around noon on Easter after enjoying a brunch of -T's ebberwaffles and eggs.  There was supposed to be bacon, but ... you will probably hear about that later.  During brunch I started telling them a story of when BILL , SILC, -T and I visited a Branson winery and participated in a tasting of their products. 

As I told the story, we were standing around a high table next to an older couple who were obviously Ozark hill people.  You could tell by the toothless grins, and how there were nowhere as sophisticated as SILC (the standard I always use to compare others).  The tasting started by pouring everyone a sample of grape juice that was sold at the winery.  "mmm, pretty good" was the reaction from all around the table.  The next sample was a sweet fruity wine which brought the same reaction.  Subsequent samples became progressively dry (bitter), until the final sample brought a dramatic reaction from the older lady from the hills.  She shrieked "yaaaakkkkk!, that was awful" as she spewed her sample out on the table.  Not the typical high brow wine sampler reaction.   BILL, SILC, -T and I found the reaction to be hilarious. 

-T remembers the event, possibly better than I do and corrected me midway through the story.  She claims the tasting started with the dry wine and moved to progressively sweeter wines.  Maybe she is right.  I told the story how I remember it, and it made a better story my way.  But in the spirit of honesty and accuracy, I will post these corrections:
  • During the wine tasting at Stone Hill winery in Branson Missouri, the order of the tasting may well have been from dry to sweet.
  • In a past blog about School Lunches, I did claim that my grand daughter's school required that 2 fruits and 1 vegetable be included in lunches brought by the kindergartners.  I now need to correct that post by stating it was actually policy for preschoolers and applied to my grandson Clay.
I am sorry for any inconveniences these innocent errors my have caused and will attempt to blog more accurately in the future.  Everything else you may have read on Simple Thoughts is entirely accurate and can be believed without question.

 

4 comments:

  1. I agree. Funny stuff should be at the end. It isn't as funny at the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. -T doesn't have much of a sense of humor, as I am probably going to rediscover very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BILL and SILC must have really enjoyed the wine, 'cause we don't remember going to a Branson Winery at all. (sound of hicups in the background)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. I might need to issue another correction.

    ReplyDelete