Monday, April 25, 2011

DS of the Week - Scott Adams

Scott is the recipient of this week's DS award.  I actually like Scott.  He is the cartoonist that creates the comic strip Dilbert.  Dilbert is my favorite comic.  Of all time.  Scott is absolutely a genius at poking fun at the daily activities that occur in most offices.  When Scott blogs, I don't like him so much.  Scott is a lib.  Here is a recent excerpt from his daily blog.

I wonder if any old-time racists still exist. I knew a few racists when I was a kid, back in upstate New York. In my adult life, I don't think I've met one. I wonder, does such a person exist who can watch President Obama on the news, then meet an unfamiliar African-American guy and assume in advance that he's less...what? I might be able to draw comics better than President Obama, but only because he hasn't tried. On every other comparison I wouldn't do so well. I don't think I'm alone. I don't mean to insult you, but if I'm picking teams for chess, debate, Scrabble, or basketball, I'm picking Obama before you. And I don't even know you.


Scott sounds like he may be guilty of idol worship.  He supports Obama simply because he believes Obama is a smart guy.  Check your principals at the door - vote for who you think is the smartest.  Disregard the platform and what the candidate says.  Intelligence is the only criteria to use when selecting a leader.  People like Scott are the reasons we currently have an inexperienced president who is struggling to lead. 

Voting for a man just because he is smart?  I suspect Hitler was smart.  So was Bernie Maddoff.  I am glad we they didn't run for president in 2008, or Scott and his ilk may have voted them in.

I found that Scott's selection of Obama to his basketball team stereotypical, and borderline racist.  Yet, the intent of his blog appears to be to smear those who do not support Barrack as the racists.  

I will continue to read Dilbert each day, but when Scott Adams blogs, he shows himself as a DS.

No comments:

Post a Comment