Saturday, October 23, 2010

Whoopi and Bill



When I first saw this clip of Whoopi Goldberg and Bill O'Reilly on The View, I considered it just another example of liberal elitism.  Whoopi is a big liberal and I haven't agreed with her often.  But later that evening, I watched her explain her behavior and was swayed.  She showed contrition for walking off the set, but her reason for becoming upset has merit.

She was offended by O'Rielly saying that Muslims killed the people in the World Trade Center.  Muslims is a big word.  There are 1,820,000,000 Muslims worldwide.   O'Reilly should have been more precise.  Nineteen specific Muslims did commit the crime, not the entire Muslim faith.  Whoopi stated the way he said it was like saying that "Blacks like fried chicken", or "Italians are in the mafia".  Okay, point taken.

O'Reilly should have said the 19 people who killed 2,752 people in the World Trade Center attack on 9-11 were Muslim.  The other 1,819,999,981 Muslims just smiled and cheered. 

I'm thinking that I probably won't be asked to be a guest on The View.

No comments:

Post a Comment