Friday, October 22, 2010

Freedom of Speech? Your fired

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

-- Juan Williams

National Public Radio to Juan: "Your fired".

 


Duane Hammond, a union stagehand who was part of the crew that built the platform for an Obama event, came to work early on Friday wearing clothing that says "George H. W. Bush". Hammond's son is in the Navy, currently serving on the aircraft carrier U.S.S. George H. W. Bush.  That didn't go over well with his union supervisor. Hammond says he was told to take off the sweatshirt, or he would have to go home. He refused.
Union supervisor to Duane: "Your fired".

I guess that freedom of speech is a right reserved for the politically correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment