Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wrapping Up Our Vacation

Since driving from Sunset Beach NC to KC last Saturday in 20 hours, I am definitely back in the old grind.  We made the straight through drive so that we could relax a bit on Sunday before my return to work.  It was well worth it.  By 8:30 AM on Monday, I was covered up with over 400 emails, another group's project that had failed and took down my team's operation, and a requirement to communicate salary or bonus reductions to over half of my staff.  The relaxation of the 2 week vacation and kicking back on Sunday wore off quick.

I finally came up for air and wanted to share a few of the pictures and memories from a very special vacation.
This is what a relaxed couple looks like.

Here is another good example.  The subjects are Brother in law Lloyd (BILL) and Sister in law Cindy (SILC) who graciously offered to share their time share in Destin with us.


This is a good picture that illustrates why many people consider the Destin beaches as some of the most beautiful in the world.


At least once each trip to the coast, we are entertained during dinner with a thunderstorm.



I am still quite impressed with the shutter speed of my new phone.


I remember playing this hole 20 years ago when I first went to Destin.  It is simply a beautiful spot on earth.

1 comment: