Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Like to Eat - Nick's Eclectic Seafood House

Yesterday I learned a new word. Eclectic. As we were traveling back to our condo SILC (Sister in Law Cindy) wanted to stop at a small gift shop she had seen earlier. She described it as a quaint, eclectic shop. I think quaint is a color - a shade of teal. Eclectic I don't know.

Several minutes later we arrived at the gift shop. It was a dump. So I guess eclectic is another word for dump.

Later in the day, we decided to eat dinner at a crab place referred to us by NILK (Nephew in Law Kelly). They are known for the blue crab. I snapped the picture at the right of Nick's Seafood House. It is kind of a dump, or shall I say, an eclectic seafood restaurant.

We went there to try the blue crab. I was the only one in our party to order crab. I found it to be very tasty, but far too much work. I think you could lose weight eating in the shell crab. I think I burnt more calories getting at the crab that what I consumed.

The restaurant was located right on the bay. From our window we watch 20-30 chickens (future dinners) wander about the beach. In the distance, porpoise were surfacing. The atmosphere was nice, but eclectic.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE NICK'S!
    Jealous you guys were there and not me. ;) Glad you tried it - you should have ordered (if Kelly didn't share) the crab claws as an appetizer. WONDERFUL and much less work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is a lot of work, but I think worth it for the end product. Those are tasty.

    I forgot about the chickens...

    ReplyDelete