Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Thinking of a Person

See if you can guess who.

This person is a female that most readers of my blog will know.

She is absolutely gorgeous on the outside.
She is a beautiful person on the inside.
She has a sweet spirit.
If you have met her, you like her and enjoy spending time with her.

She is athletic.
Her most dominate attribute is her character.
She is honest, truthful and trustworthy.
She is intelligent and uses her God-given common sense.

Any guesses?
If not, here is a clue that will give up the identity of one of my most favorite people.

Faster than a speeding tortoise
More powerful than a sparrow,
Able to leap tall insects in a single bound.
Look! Up in the sky,
It's a bird, it's a plane! No!
It's Super-Fooey!

Super-Fooey was my nickname for my oldest daughter, Lyndy. Twenty-five years ago, I would lay on my back and hold her up in a Superman flying position as those words were spoken.

Lyndy turned 29 this week. I am double-checking the math because I am far too young to have a 29 year old daughter. Yet, I do, and she and her husband Dan have given Terri and I three beautiful grandchildren.

Some parents and children grow apart over time, as we have done to some extent. But we still spend much time together. That is intentional on our part for 2 reasons. First, Terri and I love the company of our daughter. Second, someday I will need her around to empty my drool cup.

Happy Birthday Super-Fooey. I hope your week has been wonderful and that your cold has you feeling less poopy.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Love you Lyndy Lu!!!
    Happy Birthday!!!

    I concur with UFrank's description, you forgot great momma, awesome wife, and cool cuz.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she thinks I'm your favorite??? Umm... On my b-day I got a blackmail picture, told I still whine and "have a safe 21st birthday". Lyndy... you're proven wrong.

    ;) Love ya sis

    ReplyDelete