Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ten More Years

KC Royals fans get ready for 10 more years of humiliation.  Today Royals owner David Glass said “I have never ever talked to anyone about selling the club. Period. I have never had a discussion with anyone about it, and I have no interest in doing so.”  He went on to say “The only guys who hear rumors are you guys in the media. I’m surprised to hear that (we’re looking to sell the club). We’ve never considered it. We’ve never talked to anybody. And we have no interest in talking to anybody about it. Period.”


As a long suffering Royals fan that believes ownership is the most significant problem facing the Royals, here is what I heard.  I have never ever talked to anyone about building a winning club. Period. I have never had a discussion with anyone about it, and I have no interest in doing so.  The only guys who hear rumors are you guys in the media. I’m surprised to hear that (we’re interested in winning). We’ve never considered it. We’ve never talked to anybody. And we have no interest in talking to anybody about it. Period.”

No comments:

Post a Comment