Monday, December 12, 2011

Generating Web Search Engine Hits


During my hiatus from blogging, I did continue to track the number of hits received from Google, Bing, etc.  With so many blogs, the number of hits I get from these sources are sometimes the majority received.  Yes, that's right.  I sometimes get as many as 5 hits in a single day from search engines.  This post is an experiment that attempts to maximize the number of hits received from that source.

First, the majority of hits to my blog have used the key words: "Stack Ranking", "Simple Thoughts", "I am not a smart man", and, George Waldenberger".  Just putting those words in this blog will generate several hits this week.  I can generate a few more using this paragraph:

While strolling through the grocery store, I noticed the magazines that claim you could "lose 20 pounds" without exercise or changing your diet.  They were sitting next to the "Kim Kardashian" and "Lindsay Lohan" magazines, right under the "National Enquirer" with headlines stating "The world will end in 2012" and "Space Aliens Live Among Us".  These ought to be worth a few more hits a day.

The next paragraph should draw hits for the next year:  Did you see "President Obama" and 60 minutes last night?  All the presidential candidates are getting serious air time.  Just the night before, I watched the Republican Debate featuring "Newt Gingrich", "Mitt Romney", "Ron Paul", "Michelle Bachman", "Rick Santorum" and "Rick Perry".

Now trolling for a few more gratuitous hits: "Michael Jackson", "Angelina Jolie", "Brad Pitt", "Jennifer Aniston", and "Jennifer Lopez".  The Internets most popular keywords are: "Google", "E-Bay", "Yahoo.com", "Music", "Mapquest", "Google.com", "Food", "Travel", "Hotmail", and "Computer".  Makes you wonder if most users of search engines are brand new users, doesn't it?  I was surprised the word "sex" was not in the top ten.  I'll keep you posted on whether the number of hits to this blog increase.



1 comment:

  1. Expect and hope the hits to grow leaps and bounds. :)

    ReplyDelete