Friday, September 10, 2010

Favorite Day

I am coming to the conclusion that certain days are better than others.  That might make me guilty of day discrimination, but in this case it is not a bad thing. 

I think that we all agree that Mondays are bad.  Monday is the worst day of the week.  I hate Mondays.  After two days of relaxation and doing what I want, Monday comes along and kills the buzz.

Tuesdays are a little better.  At least one can console them self with the fact the work week is 20% complete.  I also hate Tuesday less than Monday because Tuesday evening is taco night at Danny's.  Meeting FILN, SILL and BILS for dinner is something to look forward to.

My attitude improves on Wednesday.  Noon means the work week is half over and the weekend is getting close.  It also means that most of my boring repetitive manager duties for the week are complete, so I can begin to accomplish things of value at work.  I find that Wednesday marks the point in the week when the real work gets done and any possible gratification follows.

Thursdays are pretty good in my book.  The day goes by fast, and is followed by a dinner at home and a relaxing evening.  The week is 80% over.

Friday is by far the best work day.  The 5:00 hour serves as the goal line for bringing another work week to a close.  I find that Friday evening is my favorite evening.  The work week is behind me, with the weekend looms ahead.  I am most content on Friday evening.

Saturday was named poorly.  It should be called Freedomday.  We do mainly what we want to do on Saturday.  If you have a bad Saturday, it is usually your own fault.

Sunday is also a good day.  Sunday evening starts the decline into Monday.  Unfortunately, Sunday evening begins the thoughts of what must be done on Monday, so tension tends to increase during the course of the day. 

A few of my friends that have retired tell me that after retirement there are only two days in the week - Sunday and not-Sunday.  That will be nice.

1 comment: