Monday, November 7, 2011

Worst Day of the Year

Every day is a gift. 

Whoever said that didn't say it on the first work day after going off of Daylight Savings Time.  As I blogged 2 years ago, this is the worst day of the year by far, bar none. 

I remembered this fact this morning when I work up without the aid of an alarm clock, and with a nagging feeling that I had overslept.  Going to work with the sun just beginning to peek over the horizon wasn't so bad.  But now it is just after 4:00 PM and dusk is apparent.  I feel like I am working late, something I avoid doing.  I won't see my front yard in the sunlight until Saturday.

Today is worse than the average day after the Chiefs lose to a team they should beat.  That happens every year too.

It might even be worse than a hypothetical day when KU loses to UK in college basketball.  That hasn't happened often during my lifetime, and if it happens this year, its just an anomaly.  It would still make me want to vomit.






3 comments:

  1. :) Love this little side dig to my mate. Typical. ha.

    I keep telling myself that the morning light gives me no excuse to not get up and workout- have I since DST, nope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're already que'd up on excuses. I'll provide the vomit bucket. Tuesday is coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are like a kid waiting for Santa Claus.

    ReplyDelete