Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm Still Here

I just noticed that it is December 10th and I haven't posted yet this month.  I'm not making excuses (yes I am), but it has been a busy start to the month.  That job thing continues to get in the way of what I want to be doing.  It started last week when I attended 2 days of classes where I was taught how to use Jedi mind tricks on customers and direct reports.  Watch out -T, -L, -A because they say the tricks work on family members also.

Immediately after the mind trick class, -T and I left KC for Orlando.  We arrived Wednesday evening after the typical full flight.  It was our first experience with the new TSA full body scanners.  I am happy to report they don't seem to want to scan old fat guys.  -T wasn't so fortunate.  She was ahead of me in line.  The TSA agent waved her into the scanner line, but directed me to the old metal detector line.  I guess the vomit bags back in the scanning room were full, so they were only scanning good looking people. 


On Thursday and Friday last week, I reported to the local office and worked with peers and internal customers for a couple days.  -T did was she does best - worked out, lounged by the pool and shopped.  It was a well deserved two days of rest for her.  On Friday night we dined with good friends from the area at an upscale restaurant named Season's 52.  It began our weekend of eating as much seafood as we could.

Saturday morning we moved on to New Smyrna Beach to a condo owned by our friends. They were gracious enough to allow us to stay there a couple of nights. The weather was spectacular, sunny with calm winds and a high temperature around 70. The mornings there and in Orlando were in the 40's. Locals were wearing parkas and heavy sweaters and whining about the cold. It felt like paradise to us.


I'll show the rest of the weekend in pictures.  We took the solo shots on the beach just after arriving in New Smyrna Beach.  It's our "The hillbillies from flatland Kansas have arrived" shots.



The beaches were deserted.  A huge difference from summer visits

This was as crowded as it got.

   

Shot was taken just across the parking lot from our condo.


On Sunday a cold front moved in just after noon and cleared out the few who were on the beach.

A nice little park on the inter-coastal.




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and glad you guys had a good time and safe return to KC. Send me a note with details on the mind tricks when you get a chance. I could really use some help with my crowd. :-)

    ReplyDelete