Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Land of Monkeys and Woodpeckers

My family is quite aware that I like monkeys. Whenever a monkey is included in a TV show, movie, or even a commercial, I pay attention.  Monkeys are comical, entertaining and downright cute.  I know that some think that monkeys are disgusting, filthy and aggressive, but those folks watch too much Naked and Afraid.  Real monkeys are fun.  I like monkeys so much that I nicknamed my youngest grandson Little Monkey Boy.  I like him too.



I also like woodpeckers.  Any animal that is designed to beat their head on a tree and survive, is special.  My family tell me it's not their head, it's their beak.  I consider the beak to be part of the head, so I am right again.  Whenever -T and I are walking around the neighborhood and I see or hear a woodpecker, I stop to watch and listen.  They are amazing creatures.  Recently, a woodpecker has started appearing outside my office window.  Can't get any work done while he is there.



-T and I are beginning to discuss where we might want to retire. Options include Basehor, Florida, the Farr basement or the Wilson's beach house. No decisions have been made.

Belize is now in the running since the habitat supports both monkeys and woodpeckers. My ideal retirement would be waking up to the rhythm of woodpeckers beating their heads on trees, and the melody of the growler monkey.  I dream big.

1 comment: