Friday, June 10, 2011

Vacation 2011 - Coming Home

Around 7AM on Saturday morning, we loaded up the rental van and started the long trek back to Nashville.  The trip seemed shorter this time.  The only notable event was our lunch break.  Around noon, I pulled off the highway to fill up with gas.  The GPS indicated there was a few local restaurants so we tried to achieve consensus on the lunch location.  As with the entire vacation, the conversation always went something like this:
  • Where does everyone want to eat?
  • I don't care. 
  • I don't care. 
  • Neither do I.
  • Okay, what do you want to eat?
  • I don't care.
  • I don't care.
  • Neither do I.
  • Okay, how about [insert restaurant name here]?
  • I don't care.
  • I don't care.
  • Neither do I.
My attempt to avoid this conversation was to find any local restaurant and just stop.  It worked.  We found the Black Bear Diner, with adjoining Sugar Bear Ice Cream parlor.  It was definitely local flavor, reminding me of the many drive in restaurants that were around when I was a kid. 


After consuming a $5 cheeseburger, fries with ice tea, we were back on the road.  We pulled into Robin's and NILB's house 5PM.  I have shared a few pictures of our vacation, but the story is the picture that I missed.  Similar to the surprising of Lyndy with her cousin Heather last summer when I snapped a picture of my feet, I missed a once in a lifetime shot while in Nashville.  Robin and NILB had vacationed a few days in Florida while we were in North Carolina.  They had boarded their two dogs.  Both dogs contracted diarrhea upon returning home.  The picture I missed was after Robin had taken one of their dogs out to "potty".  When returning to the house, Robin wiped the dog's butt.  What I would give to have a picture of that. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm obviously playing catch up - hadnt seen/read this yet. Glad you had a chance to see Robin & Brent's casa. cute huh?

    ReplyDelete