Thursday, July 1, 2010

Me 'n' Forrest

One of my favorite movie of all time is Forrest Gump.  Forrest and I have a lot in common.  While I did not overcome a disability (unless I am not aware of it - so I guess it could be true), serve in the military or become an avid runner, the stark differences end there.  One of the things I share with Forrest is our affinity to mow grass.

You might remember the scene in the movie where Forrest, after he becomes independently wealthy, continues to mow the high school football field.  As Forrest said it:  "And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free".

I can relate.  Ever since I purchased my first riding mower a couple years ago, I look forward to cutting the grass.  I rush through weed eating and push mowing so that I can climb aboard my Huskvarna 20 HP 48" mower and cut my grass plus most of the common area around my property.   I can only dream of cutting field as large and unobstructed as the one Forrest cut in the movie.

There are many other similarities between Forrest and I.  We both became successful through a combination of pure dumb luck mixed with a little hard work, we both can become infatuated with a single woman, and we both think in very simple terms based on our upbringing.  These similarities may become future blog topics.

3 comments:

  1. So many possibilities here....maybe I'll wait for those future blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both are very very special people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Allison. Now get back to work (with Amy).

    ReplyDelete