Thursday, November 26, 2015

Especially Thankful

I like to think of myself as a person full of gratitude.  I understand that much of what I have was given to me.  I once heard than when you see a turtle sitting on a fence post, you can be certain he was put there.

This year I am especially thankful.  A year ago I was in a miserable situation, working at a job I hated and for a company I despised.  I recounted my supernatural experience of moving to a better situation in an earlier post found here.  Since writing that, additional God Things have occurred.

I found myself with a new job and an overwhelming list of objectives to accomplish.  Alone I would not succeed.  But a plan become clear and I began recruiting former direct reports who were highly knowledgeable, experienced and extremely productive.  Four took the risk to leave their current job to join me in implementing a ground-up program at a new company.  Seven weeks after coming on board, incredible progress was made and plans to expand the original scope are now underway.

In addition to the normal list of things to be thankful for this year - family, health, employment, food on the table, and a roof over my head - I add being thankful for peace.  Peace of mind. I now realize that my personal series of miracles brings with them an understanding that this would not have happened if failure was going to be the end result.

I am a turtle on a fence post.

No comments:

Post a Comment